Friday, August 13, 2010

Another day

Yesterday there were a lot of visitors again which was nice. So many people have nice words and memories to share.

John continues to shut down. This morning, as was late yesterday, his body is having a hard time regulating it's body temperature. We continue to keep an eye on him and adjust the blankets on him as needed.

I'm not sure if he can feel anything in his body anymore and he doesn't move or squeeze his hand. If you rub the bottom of his feet, which are ticklish there is no response.

He breathing is also more labored than early yesterday.

I know for me, although I'm not "ready" for him to pass, I am ready. Seeing him lay here with his body shutting down just doesn't seem like the right way to go. For now whispering various Psalms into his ear will have to suffice.

Adam

- Posted from a mobile device

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all of this with us. I know it can't be easy and I pray that God will give you all the strength and encouragement that you need. I will continue to pray for peace for your Dad and the rest of your family.
    May God bless you all
    Barbie Case

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Iten's are praying as you walk through this difficult time.
    May you feel all the prayers today. We so appreciate the updates.
    Hugs to you all!!

    ReplyDelete